Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Johnny X <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/24 05:04:32 UTC

Results not appearing

I've indexed my XML using the below in the schema:

   <field name="Message-ID" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true"/>
   <field name="Date" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
   <field name="From" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
   <field name="To" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
   <field name="Subject" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
   <field name="Mime-Version" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
   <field name="Content-Type" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
   <field name="Content-Transfer-Encoding" type="string" indexed="false"
stored="true"/>
   <field name="X-From" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
   <field name="X-To" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
   <field name="X-cc" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
   <field name="X-bcc" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
   <field name="X-Folder" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
   <field name="X-Origin" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
   <field name="X-FileName" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
   <field name="Content" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

 <uniqueKey>Message-ID</uniqueKey>

However searching via the Message-ID or Content fields returns 0. Using Luke
I can still see these fields are stored however.

Out of interest, by setting the other fields to just "stored=true", can they
be returned in a query as part of a search?

Cheers.

Re: Results not appearing

Posted by Chris Harris <ry...@gmail.com>.
Without you stopping Solr itself, a solr client can remove all the
documents in an index by doing a delete-by-query with the query "*:*"
(without quotes). For XML interface clients, see
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessage. Solrj would have another
way to do it. You'll need to do a commit after this to flush your
changes.

Alternatively, you can stop Solr and delete the whole data/ directory,
which includes the index directory. If you do this, Solr will create a
new fresh one the next time it starts up.

For backups it might be a better habit to backup the data/ directory,
rather than just the data/index directory. Assuming your schema.xml
hasn't changed, then you should be able to restore one data/ directory
with another. If you're changing your schema file, though, you need to
make sure you restore a version of that file that is consistent with
the one that you indexed with.

Re: Results not appearing

Posted by Johnny X <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply.