Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2022/01/03 00:02:42 UTC

Addressing Nutch use of CMS WAS: [IMPORTANT] - ci.apache.org and CMS Shutdown end of January 2022

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the email below. It was my understanding that the Nutch
project no longer relied on the legacy CMS framework.

I wrote a new website and published it at
https://github.com/apache/nutch-site with the static content being
served on the asf-site branch.

The old CMS website source code at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/cms_site/ is no longer used at
all.

Can you please confirm if this is your understanding or is there still
some loose ends which I need to address?

Thanks

lewismc

=====================

Hi All,

(This email is BCC many (19) lists, please reply to builds@apache.org only)

Infra has set a FINAL date of January 31st 2022 for the turn off
ofci.apache.org. This includes all of its nodes , of which the CMS
node is
one. Therefore the CMS is also going to be gone on the 31st January 2022.

Any project that still uses the CMS in any way shape or form, MUST migrate
to another build and publish method.

Any project using ci.apache.org for the building and testing/publishing of
CI builds MUST also migrate away to another CI - the direct
replacement isci2.apache.org the new Buildbot 3.2 based instance.
Publishing of Javadocs
and versioned websites etc that normally publish to ci.apache.org/projects
will need to migrate their jobs to ci2.apache.org and publish results
tonightlies.apache.org instead (via an rsync step).

Projects have been repeatedly informed of the deprecation of
bothci.apache.org and also the CMS itself, so this notice should not
be a
surprise to anybody.

If you don't  have an INFRA ticket already open, or you don't know if there
is an INFRA ticket already open for your project, please open one
immediately so that we can get working on your migration ASAP. One or two
projects I know of have a non-standard setup of publishing and so the
earlier we get started the better.

Below is a list of projects I know to still be using either the CMS (in
whole or in part) and ci.apache.org for CI builds, there may be more.

Projects fully using the CMS
======================

Commons
DB (and subprojects)
Hive
Oozie

Projects partially using the CMS
=========================

Lucene
CXF
Tapestry
Santuario
Geronimo
Nutch

All the above except Nutch I believe are exporting from Confluence and
committing tosvn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/ - I have
been working on an
alternate
method that does not involve the CMS agent (or its dependents
likebuild_external.pl)
CXF and Tapestry at least have INFRA tickets open regarding this.

Projects using ci.apache.org for CI jobs
================================

The Board - board-site build.
Perl/mod_perl - several test builds.
AsterixDB - docs build
HTTPD - test builds
Juddi - Several test builds
OpenJPA - Several test builds
Creadur - Several test builds
JMeter - test builds
OpenNLP - site build ?
Commons - site build ?
Ponymail - site build ?
TrafficServer - Test Build + site build ?
Tapestry - test build

All builds that need migrating can be seen on this page:
https://ci.apache.org/buildslaves

Ok, those are the details, lets get started please people

Oh, and Happy New Year!

Gavin McDonald
Systems Administrator
ASF Infrastructure Team

--
http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/
http://people.apache.org/keys/committer/lewismc

Re: Addressing Nutch use of CMS WAS: [IMPORTANT] - ci.apache.org and CMS Shutdown end of January 2022

Posted by Lewis John McGibbney <le...@apache.org>.
Hi Gavin,

On 2022/01/03 07:19:58 Gavin McDonald wrote:
> Hi Lewis,
>
> Having checked again, all looks good from this end.
>
> One last place is:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/nutch/content/
> I assume you no longer use that area and I can safely remove?

Correct we no longer use that area. It can be safely removed.
Thank you

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 9, 2022 at 7:25 AM Sebastian Nagel
<wa...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Would be nice if
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/cms_site/
> could stay for some more time - just in case we forgot some file
> (such as the doap.rdf recently)

That will remain as long as you want. Infra will not touch it.

We *did* need to touch the CMS areas for organizational needs,
self-imposed. But repos/asf/nutch/ is all yours. Carry on!

Cheers,
Greg Stein
InfraAdmin, ASF

Re: Addressing Nutch use of CMS WAS: [IMPORTANT] - ci.apache.org and CMS Shutdown end of January 2022

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi Gavin,

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/nutch/content/
> I assume you no longer use that area and I can safely remove?

No, we do not need it anymore.

Would be nice if
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/cms_site/
could stay for some more time - just in case we forgot some file
(such as the doap.rdf recently).

Sebastian

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Gavin,