Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ma...@faa.gov on 2016/08/22 15:01:03 UTC

JMeter 3.0 question

My organization has been using JMeter version 2.11 for quite some time.  We are in the process of evaluating  JMeter 3.0.  When I try to bring in our .jmx file from
Our 2.11 environment into the JMeter 3.0, I get a message stating that the  "This test element is obsolete".  Is there any switch or configuration setting  that needs to be changeded on to make the 2.11 .jmx file to work with 3.0?

Thanks,

Marc

Re: JMeter 3.0 question

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 22 August 2016 at 21:01,  <Ma...@faa.gov> wrote:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
>
> This is actually a Web Service SOAP  Request in JMeter 2.11 .  When I bring the .jmx file into 3.0   it gives it a file icon.(See the attached file)
>
> When I migrate to 3.0 does this make my JMeter 2.11 non functional?

You can replace the test element using 2.11 with an HTTP Sampler (as
mentioned in the 2.11 docs ...).
It will then work in both 2.11 and 3.0.

Re: JMeter 3.0 question

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.
Regarding the other question, when upgrading save your test plan to other
file as JMeter ensure upward compatibility, not downward.

Regards

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.