Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Sen, Kakoli" <Ka...@ps.net> on 2006/08/17 11:16:08 UTC

JMeter proxy server supporting HTTPS

Hi,
    JMeter's proxy server does not support HTTPS. Is it because of jdk bug? The manual says :
'There is a bug in the handling of HTTPS via a Proxy (the CONNECT is not handled correctly). See Java bugs 6226610'
Is it that a fundamental protocol like HTTPS is not supported even in Jdk1.5?

Regards,
Kakoli

Re: JMeter proxy server supporting HTTPS

Posted by Su...@manulife.com.
guys,

alternatively, you can create a sampler through HTTP.
After that, for play back, you can reuse HTTPS.

rgds,

sunento

sebb <se...@gmail.com>
08/17/2006 06:21 PM
Please respond to
"JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

"JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject

On 17/08/06, Sen, Kakoli <Ka...@ps.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>    JMeter's proxy server does not support HTTPS. Is it because of jdk
bug?

No, this is because it is not possible to extract the information
needed to construct the samplers from HTTPS traffic. If it was, then
HTTPS would not be secure.

> The manual says :
> 'There is a bug in the handling of HTTPS via a Proxy (the CONNECT is not
handled correctly). See Java bugs 6226610'
> Is it that a fundamental protocol like HTTPS is not supported even in
Jdk1.5?

I don't know if it has been fixed in Java 1.5.

This is referring to a different proxy usage, where JMeter uses a
proxy to contact remote servers via a proxy.

The JMeter proxy server is where JMeter is acting as a proxy, and you
tell the browser to connect via the JMeter proxy for the purpose of
creating samplers in a test plan.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.