Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de> on 2016/03/24 16:12:28 UTC

Re: unit test 'errorhandlertestcase' failed

Guten Tag Thorsten Schöning,
am Freitag, 12. Februar 2016 um 08:56 schrieben Sie:

> So maybe the test is just wrong?

Don't think so anymore: I guess errorhandlertestcase failed on Linux
because :x.log is a valid file name there. That's not the case under
e.g. NTFS and from my understanding the purpose of the PRIMARY
appender is simply to fail to be used because of an invalid file name
and trigger FALLBACK that way. If that fails and logging into :x.log
succeeds, the test fails. So I changed the file name used to be ".",
which should be invalid in most cases.

This way the test succeeds in my Windows and Ubuntu as well.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88