Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/16 18:36:33 UTC

Alternatives to start-all.sh stop-all.sh func

I remember when I was first setting up a hadoop cluster wondering
exactly what the SSH-KEYs did and why and if they were needed.
start-all.sh and stop-all.sh are good for what they do but they are
not very sophisticated.

I wrote a blog about using func with hadoop to remotely manage your nodes.

http://www.edwardcapriolo.com/roller/edwardcapriolo/entry/func_hadoop_the_end_of

Warning: My blogs are not nicely polished like those of Lars George
http://www.larsgeorge.com/2009/10/hbase-architecture-101-storage.html,
(because I do not have a lot of time) but I hope the content is
interesting to some.

Thank you,
Edward

Re: Alternatives to start-all.sh stop-all.sh func

Posted by Edson Ramiro <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Edward,

If you're looking for a good tool to manage your nodes
you should take a look at sdi [1]

[1] http://sdi.sourceforge.net/

--
Edson Ramiro Lucas Filho