Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Ivaylo Mihov <im...@linkedin.com> on 2009/05/11 18:38:37 UTC

Ivy settings & configuration for retrieving artifacts with classifier (javadoc, src, etc.)

Hi,

I am sure this problem has been addressed below, however, I could not find a
well documented solution, hence my question.

I would like to be able to retrieve artifacts with a "classifier" in their
name in addition to the main artifact (like the example below):

 apache-tomcat-6.0.18.tar.gz
 apache-tomcat-6.0.18-src.tar.gz
 apache-tomcat-6.0.18-deployer.tar.gz

The same case holds for regular JAR artifacts:

 foo-1.2.5.jar
 foo-1.2.5-src.jar
 foo-1.2.5-javadoc.jar
 foo-1.2.5-test.jar

I am interested in having separate configurations to retrieve individual
artifacts. I would also like to preserve the full artifact name in the local
cache, if possible.

If anyone has done something like this, I am particularly interested in the
ivysettings.xml file (resolvers, caches, modules, etc.).

Thanks,
--ivo