Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Scott Blum <dr...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/02 00:01:22 UTC

Is 3.4.7 released or not?

I found the mail announcement, but I don't see any downloads for 3.4.7.  No
doc link either from https://zookeeper.apache.org/

Re: Is 3.4.7 released or not?

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello Scott,

We decided to retract the 3.4.7 release after discovering a critical bug.
We are currently in the process of closing down a plan for a 3.4.8
release, which is mostly intended to fix that critical bug.  At this
point, it looks likely that we'll create a release candidate this week.
If you'd like to keep track of status, then I suggest watching the
dev@zookeeper.apache.org mailing list for an announcement of a release
candidate.

--Chris Nauroth

Re: Is 3.4.7 released or not?

Posted by Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rg...@itevenworks.net>.
Hi,

On 1 February 2016 at 15:01, Scott Blum <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found the mail announcement, but I don't see any downloads for 3.4.7.  No
> doc link either from https://zookeeper.apache.org/

Given that release 3.4.7 introduced a regression (a lockup when calling
shutdown), there was a vote
to remove it:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.zookeeper.devel/31293

Given it only affects the server, the jars are still available for client
usage. I am planning on having
an RC for 3.4.8 this week and hopefully a release in the next weeks.

-rgs