Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by sachin2008 <es...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/28 09:37:04 UTC

Reg:Fault Handling

Hi,

How to handle faults in case of EIP component..

Let's suppose if we will teke static routing slip.

<eip:static-routing-slip service="replaceMe:routingSlip"
endpoint="endpoint">
    <eip:targets>
      <eip:exchange-target service="replaceMe:echo1" />
      <eip:exchange-target service="replaceMe:echo2" />
    </eip:targets>
  </eip:static-routing-slip>

In this routing slip will forward an inout message to replaceME:echo1  and
then from replaceME:echo1 message will route to replaceMe:echo2.
If there is any fault message will return from replaceMe:echo1 to
replaceMe:echo2 then how we can handle these type of faults.

Now let's consider we are using aggregator for aggregate the messages coming
from different components. If there is any fault occured in any of the
component then aggregator how it handles the fault before aggregating all
the messages.

Can anyone please put light on this fault handling

-----
Cheers
Praveen Oruganti
"Think before you act and act on what you believe"

Re: Reg:Fault Handling

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
That's just what I said.  It can't.  The purpose of the current
aggregator is to receive several messages and combine them in a single
message.   It can not be done using InOut exchanges.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:12 PM, sachin2008 <es...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>  >>  >>  >>  Praveen Oruganti
>  >>  >>  >>  "Think before you act and act on what you believe"
>  >>  >>  >>  --
>  >>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>
>  >> http://www.nabble.com/Reg%3AFault-Handling-tp15731923s12049p15731923.html
>  >>  >>  >>  Sent from the ServiceMix - User mailing list archive at
>  >> Nabble.com.
>  >>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  >
>  >>  >>  >
>  >>  >>  >
>  >>  >>  > --
>  >>  >>  > Cheers,
>  >>  >>  > Guillaume Nodet
>  >>  >>  > ------------------------
>  >>  >>  > Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>  >>  >>  >
>  >>  >>  >
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  -----
>  >>  >>  Cheers
>  >>  >>  Praveen Oruganti
>  >>  >>  "Think before you act and act on what you believe"
>  >>  >>  --
>  >>  >>
>  >> http://www.nabble.com/Reg%3AFault-Handling-tp15731923s12049p15733465.html
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >> Sent from the ServiceMix - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >
>  >>  >
>  >>  >
>  >>  > --
>  >>  > Cheers,
>  >>  > Guillaume Nodet
>  >>  > ------------------------
>  >>  > Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>  >>  >
>  >>  >
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>  -----
>  >>  Cheers
>  >>  Praveen Oruganti
>  >>  "Think before you act and act on what you believe"
>  >>  --
>  >> http://www.nabble.com/Reg%3AFault-Handling-tp15731923s12049p15733571.html
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> Sent from the ServiceMix - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > Cheers,
>  > Guillaume Nodet
>  > ------------------------
>  > Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>  >
>  >

>  -----
>  Cheers
>  Praveen Oruganti
>  "Think before you act and act on what you believe"

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Reg:Fault Handling

Posted by sachin2008 <es...@gmail.com>.

Re: Reg:Fault Handling

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>  >>  --
>  >> http://www.nabble.com/Reg%3AFault-Handling-tp15731923s12049p15733465.html
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> Sent from the ServiceMix - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > Cheers,
>  > Guillaume Nodet
>  > ------------------------
>  > Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>  >
>  >

>  -----
>  Cheers
>  Praveen Oruganti
>  "Think before you act and act on what you believe"

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Reg:Fault Handling

Posted by sachin2008 <es...@gmail.com>.

Re: Reg:Fault Handling

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>  >>  Praveen Oruganti
>  >>  "Think before you act and act on what you believe"
>  >>  --
>  >> http://www.nabble.com/Reg%3AFault-Handling-tp15731923s12049p15731923.html
>  >>  Sent from the ServiceMix - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > Cheers,
>  > Guillaume Nodet
>  > ------------------------
>  > Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>  >
>  >

>  -----
>  Cheers
>  Praveen Oruganti
>  "Think before you act and act on what you believe"

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Reg:Fault Handling

Posted by sachin2008 <es...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply....

Re: Reg:Fault Handling

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Faults are usually used with InOut exchanges and not with InOnly.
If any of your lightweight component thrown an exception, it should be
set on the exchange with an ERROR status and the exchange sent back
to the static recipient list.  I don't really follow how the aggregator would
receive faults.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 6:26 AM, sachin2008 <es...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>  >>  Praveen Oruganti
>  >>  "Think before you act and act on what you believe"
>  >>  --
>  >> http://www.nabble.com/Reg%3AFault-Handling-tp15731923s12049p15731923.html
>  >>  Sent from the ServiceMix - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > Cheers,
>  > Guillaume Nodet
>  > ------------------------
>  > Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>  >
>  >

>  -----
>  Cheers
>  Praveen Oruganti
>  "Think before you act and act on what you believe"

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Reg:Fault Handling

Posted by sachin2008 <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi gnodet,

Re: Reg:Fault Handling

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
If tehre is a fault in echo1 component, the routing slip will be aborted and
the fault will be sent back to the consumer, so echo2 won't receive it.
A possible way would be to use the faultsTarget of the EIP pipeline to
redirect faults somewhere else for a different processing.
In any case, the aggregator must either receive faults, recognize them
and process them as needed, or should timeout when all the messages
are not received and send a fault itself.  The first solution would be better.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 9:37 AM, sachin2008 <es...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  How to handle faults in case of EIP component..
>
>  Let's suppose if we will teke static routing slip.
>
>  <eip:static-routing-slip service="replaceMe:routingSlip"
>  endpoint="endpoint">
>     <eip:targets>
>       <eip:exchange-target service="replaceMe:echo1" />
>       <eip:exchange-target service="replaceMe:echo2" />
>     </eip:targets>
>   </eip:static-routing-slip>
>
>  In this routing slip will forward an inout message to replaceME:echo1  and
>  then from replaceME:echo1 message will route to replaceMe:echo2.
>  If there is any fault message will return from replaceMe:echo1 to
>  replaceMe:echo2 then how we can handle these type of faults.
>

>  Now let's consider we are using aggregator for aggregate the messages coming
>  from different components. If there is any fault occured in any of the
>  component then aggregator how it handles the fault before aggregating all
>  the messages.
>

>  Can anyone please put light on this fault handling
>
>  -----
>  Cheers
>  Praveen Oruganti
>  "Think before you act and act on what you believe"
>  --

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/