Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by darniz <rn...@edmunds.com> on 2009/12/23 20:26:53 UTC

NOT highlighting synonym

Hi Guys.
i have a requirement where we dont want to hightlight synonym matches.
for example i search for caddy and i dont want to highlight matched synonym
like cadillac.
Looking at highlighting parameters i didn't find any support for this.
anyone can offer any advice.

darniz

Re: NOT highlighting synonym

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
I think what Erik was referring to was for you to create a separate copy
field with different analyzers and just copy the original value to that copy
field and index it differently.

That way you can use one field for search and another one to display the
highlighting results.

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM, darniz <rn...@edmunds.com> wrote:

> Thanks
> Unfortunately thats not the case.
> We are using the same field to do search on and display that text.
> So looks like in this case this is not possible
> Am i correct
>

> We have a custom field type with synonyms defined at query time.
>
> Erik Hatcher-4 wrote:
> >

> > On Dec 23, 2009, at 2:26 PM, darniz wrote:
> >> i have a requirement where we dont want to hightlight synonym matches.
> >> for example i search for caddy and i dont want to highlight matched
> >> synonym
> >> like cadillac.
> >> Looking at highlighting parameters i didn't find any support for this.
> >> anyone can offer any advice.
> >
> > You can control what gets highlighted by which analyzer is used.  You
> > may need a different field for highlighting than you use for searching
> > in this case - but you can just create another field type without the
> > synonym filter in it and use that for highlighting.
> >
> >       Erik

"Good Enough" is not good enough.
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.
Quality First. Measure Twice. Cut Once.
http://www.israelekpo.com/

Re: NOT highlighting synonym

Posted by darniz <rn...@edmunds.com>.