Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Gröndal Daniel <da...@rfv.sfa.se> on 2003/12/16 08:54:00 UTC

difference between dombuilder and xercesdomparse r

Hi all!

We are paring an xml-file using DomBuilder and MemBufInputSource (which is
wrapped with Wrapper4InputSource before passed to DomBuilder.
Things are working just fine as far as I know.

Then I just realized there is a xercesDomParser and now I am confused. What's
the difference or, what I mean is if the two have different purposes? Is there
a case where one of them is preferred?

Thanks in advance.

//daniel

Re: difference between dombuilder and xercesdomparse r

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi,
	DOMBuilder is from the DOM level 3 Load and Save spec.
XercesDOMParser predates this. For more info check the archives.

Gareth

On 16 Dec 2003, Gröndal Daniel wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> We are paring an xml-file using DomBuilder and MemBufInputSource (which is
> wrapped with Wrapper4InputSource before passed to DomBuilder.
> Things are working just fine as far as I know.
>
> Then I just realized there is a xercesDomParser and now I am confused. What's
> the difference or, what I mean is if the two have different purposes? Is there
> a case where one of them is preferred?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> //daniel

Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com
XML Development and Services