Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jayant Ameta <wi...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/05 11:57:04 UTC

Rocksdb in production

Hi,
I wanted to know how's the online support and resources for RocksDB? I want
to use RocksDB as the state backend, but I'm not sure how active the
community is. Can anyone vouch for it?

Re: Rocksdb in production

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
That depends on your job and the setup.
Remember that all operators will write their checkpoint data into that file
system.
If the state grows very large and only have an NFS with little write
performance, it might be a problem. But the same would apply to HDFS as
well.

Re: Rocksdb in production

Posted by Jayant Ameta <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Fabian.