Posted to user@struts.apache.org by chengas123 <be...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/03 20:15:32 UTC

Re: [s2] Struts head tag KILLS (> 10s) page load time

Thank you all for your responses.  I apologize that mine is so delayed.  I am
going to try using 2.1 with the cache attribute and see what the difference
is.  It sounds like it should be a major improvement.  I believe the problem
was that it was requesting so many files and it appeared the browser waited
until the previous had finished before requesting the next, so the latency
was through the roof.  Having only one or two files should be a huge
improvement.
I downloaded the  http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/nightlies/2.x/
nightlies .  Do I need struts2-api in addition to struts2-core?  Either way,
I am presented with only a blank white screen when I try to use the new
libraries in places of the 2.0.9 library.  Is there anything else I would
need to change to use 2.1?

Thanks,
Ben

[s2] redisplay page after validation failed

Posted by "Jiang, Jane (NIH/NCI) [C]" <ji...@mail.nih.gov>.
I have a page that has some dynamic contents that is not part of the
form that is being submitted.  When validation fails after the form is
submitted, I lost the dynamic contents.  I use tiles and the result
"input" is defined as type "tiles" that points back to the same page.
Is there a way get around the problem?  Is there a result type that
allows me to keep the original request parameters.  If not, what is the
best way to reload the page?

Many thanks for your help,

Jane

Re: [s2] Struts head tag KILLS (> 10s) page load time

Posted by chengas123 <be...@gmail.com>.
Ahh.  I'm afraid I never would have figured that out without explanation
since I get permission denied when hitting the edit link.

-Ben

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

HTH, Ted <http://www.husted.com/ted/blog/>

Re: [s2] Struts head tag KILLS (> 10s) page load time

Posted by chengas123 <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: Where to code getting user principal in struts based project

Posted by Tuyen Dinh Van <tu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I just guess your problem. If you have used struts 2.x, you can easily get
credential information via Action POJO. In your case, creating a new Action
named LoginAction with 2 properties username, password, then create a new
User class. In the LoginAction, get username and password passed in User
object, put it into session if authenticated.

Here is a piece of code for demo:

public class User implements Serializable {
    private String username;
    private String password;

    public User(String username, String password)  {
        this.username = username;
        this.password = password;
    }
}

Public class LoginAction {
    private String username;
    private String password;

    public execute() {
        User user = new User(getUserame(), getPassword());
    }
}

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
To edit a page in the main documentation wiki, we need a CLA on file first.

 * http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/editing-the-documentation.html

Posted by chengas123 <be...@gmail.com>.
Ahh!  That was my problem.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
I double check this, and it seems to be working fine, as Wes mentioned
you need to escape "#" or use something like:

<sx:autocompleter     name="state"
list="#@java.util.LinkedHashMap@{'AL':'Alabama'}"/>

Posted by chengas123 <be...@gmail.com>.
Adding the pound sign did work for me in the hardcoded example
    <sx:autocompleter name="test" label="test" list="#{'Alabama':'AL',
'Alaska':'AK'}" autoComplete="false"/>

Will my action need to add a pound sign as well or is that only because I
was using list instead of href?  Right now my action is returning
{"1":"Internet Services"}, which works in 2.0.9.  This is what is returned
by the json plugin.

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

Posted by chengas123 <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chengas123 <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Engelking, Nicholas" <Ni...@tdsecurities.com>.

Posted by chengas123 <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- chengas123 wrote:
> I was trying to build myself, but I'm afraid I can't
> agree that it's pretty easy.  It appears the pom.xml

> files are broken along with who knows what else.

As I said, aside from the XWork pom.xml issue I found
building trunk was very straight-forward. Perhaps if
you re-post the specific errors you're having and what
specific steps you've already taken someone can lend a
hand.

d.

Re: [s2] Struts head tag KILLS (> 10s) page load time

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
On 10/4/07, chengas123 <be...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wes Wannemacher wrote:
> >
> > There is probably very little difference between the nightly build and
> > trunk, I have found it's pretty easy to just build from trunk. If you
> > don't have them already, get subversion and maven (both small
> > downloads) and build it yourself.
> >
> > Follow the instructions from this thread -
> >
> > http://www.nabble.com/struts-2.1-beta-tf4509951.html#a12880737
> >
> > You'll have your own xwork and struts2 pretty quickly.
> >
> > -Wes
> >

> I was trying to build myself, but I'm afraid I can't agree that it's pretty
> easy.  It appears the pom.xml files are broken along with who knows what
> else.
>
> -Ben

You didn't follow the directions in the link. If you build xwork, the
struts2 pom will find it in it's local repository. I just went through
the exact process about an hour ago to get a good copy.

-W

Posted by chengas123 <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

Posted by chengas123 <be...@gmail.com>.