Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Saurabh Sharma <sa...@in.ibm.com> on 2005/06/20 11:42:56 UTC

Query regarding custom defined types

Hey there all....me again to give all of u sleepless nights, hopefully
:-;...

Was wondering if it's necessary to write one's own custome deployment
.wsdd file in order to deploy a web service and its invocation, for custom
defined data types and their arrays??

I just can't successfully invoke a web-service (althugh the deployment is
no problem at all!), with a web service using a custom-defined data type
as a return type, and this is really unnerving me now! So, is it
indispensable to define the type mappings in the wsdd file, or not? Or can
I rather, rely upon axis to handle the same during the deployment phase?

Also, are the serializer and de-serializer required to be custom-defined
rather than using the axis default ones?

All help is badly needed, yall!!

Saurabh