Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bm...@daimlerchrysler.com on 2004/08/18 19:48:53 UTC

Validation plug-in & Websphere Studio 5.0.1

I'm new to Struts and couldn't find anything about this on the archive so
please bear with me if I'm repeating a question.

I'm developing a Struts 1.1 web app and trying to implement the validation
plug-in.  Things went well as long as I was only using the validations that
came with the plug-in.  When I try to add my own custom validation by
overriding the validate() method of the form the server crashes with an
IllegalStateException after dozens of loops in the validate() method.  The
statement causing the problem is the errors.add() statement.  Without it
there is no problem.

If anyone can help I'd be grateful.  I can provide more details from the
log if needed.

TIA,
Bart

PS - I've put this inquiry on the IBM WSAD forum also but have not heard
anything.

Bart M Fuller
DaimlerChrysler Services North America LLC
CIMS 405-03-15
27777 Inkster Road
Farmington HIlls MI  48334-5326

Phone: 248-427-5920    (T/L) 870-5920