Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Ahmad Shahzad <as...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/25 03:54:18 UTC

transferring data from other nodes

Hey All,
           The computation in hadoop in usually done on the node where that
data is present. I mean the data is locally present. But if a node has to
fetch data from another node because of the reason that the data that was
present at that node is already being handled. In this case which
communication protocol is used by hadoop mapreduce to fetch the data from
another node.

Regards,
Ahmad Shahzad

transferring data from other nodes