Posted to user@poi.apache.org by ro...@ikan.be on 2003/06/10 16:41:34 UTC

User story - ETL4ALL

In addition to Change Management and Database Modelling, IKAN Software NV
(http://www.ikan.be) develops and supports its own ETL
(Extract/Transform/Load) tools.

IKAN's latest product is this domain is called ETL4ALL
(http://www.ikan.be/etl4all). ETL4ALL is an open source tool
allowing data transfer from and to virtually any data source.  Users can
combine and examine data stored in relational databases, XML databases, PDF
files, EDI, CSV files, etc.

It is obvious that Microsoft Excel files are also supported.
POI has been used to successfully implement this support in ETL4ALL.

Re: User story - ETL4ALL

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:10:45 -0400
"Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote:

> I hope to add Japan to that list very soon.

Ditto:

I've made another gateway to post to the "case studies"
for the Japanese.

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

Re: User story - ETL4ALL

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Not "rather than"  but as well as.  POI caught on in Europe before the US
however it should be noted that SuperLink has POI clients from South Africa
to the West coast and even in India.  Make no mistake, POI is worldwide.  I
hope to add Japan to that list very soon.

-Andy

On 6/11/03 7:57 PM, "Tetsuya Kitahata" <te...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hurry up, hurry up. It would make Poi more marketer-friendly ;-)
> I am so impressed by this user story.
>
> Also, it proved that Poi is in favor in EU rather than in Poi founder's
> country ;-)
>
> Sincerely,
>
> -- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

> On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 07:59:49 +1000
> (Subject: Re: User story - ETL4ALL)
> Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for this user story.  If no one beats me to it and I don't forget
>> (;-) I'll add this to the website.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Glen
>>
>> At 12:41 AM 11/06/2003, you wrote:
>>> In addition to Change Management and Database Modelling, IKAN Software NV
>>> (http://www.ikan.be) develops and supports its own ETL
>>> (Extract/Transform/Load) tools.
>>>
>>> IKAN's latest product is this domain is called ETL4ALL
>>> (http://www.ikan.be/etl4all). ETL4ALL is an open source tool
>>> allowing data transfer from and to virtually any data source.  Users can
>>> combine and examine data stored in relational databases, XML databases, PDF
>>> files, EDI, CSV files, etc.
>>>
>>> It is obvious that Microsoft Excel files are also supported.
>>> POI has been used to successfully implement this support in ETL4ALL.

> Tetsuya Kitahata --  Terra-International, Inc.
> E-mail: kitahata@bb.mbn.or.jp : tetsuya@apache.org
> http://www.terra-intl.com/
> (Apache Jakarta Translation, Japanese)
> http://jakarta.terra-intl.com/

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

Re: User story - ETL4ALL

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Hurry up, hurry up. It would make Poi more marketer-friendly ;-)
I am so impressed by this user story.

Also, it proved that Poi is in favor in EU rather than in Poi founder's
country ;-)

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 07:59:49 +1000
(Subject: Re: User story - ETL4ALL)

Re: User story - ETL4ALL

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
Thanks for this user story.  If no one beats me to it and I don't forget
(;-) I'll add this to the website.

Regards,

Glen

At 12:41 AM 11/06/2003, you wrote:
>In addition to Change Management and Database Modelling, IKAN Software NV
>(http://www.ikan.be) develops and supports its own ETL
>(Extract/Transform/Load) tools.
>
>IKAN's latest product is this domain is called ETL4ALL
>(http://www.ikan.be/etl4all). ETL4ALL is an open source tool
>allowing data transfer from and to virtually any data source.  Users can
>combine and examine data stored in relational databases, XML databases, PDF
>files, EDI, CSV files, etc.
>
>It is obvious that Microsoft Excel files are also supported.
>POI has been used to successfully implement this support in ETL4ALL.

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au