Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/06/19 18:54:02 UTC

[DISCUSS] [CodeGen] Move the core generator modules to a separate git repo

Hi all.

So I have split up the parts of the code generator, that need to be external to a separate build in the project.
We had discussed that we should move it outside as soon as we se it fit. I think it’s in such a state now.

So what do you think? Should we create a „plc4x-build-tools” git repo? (Or any other name)

I think it would be good to do so and release those modules pretty soon.

Chris

Re: [DISCUSS] [CodeGen] Move the core generator modules to a separate git repo

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok,

so the split is done :-)

Unfortunately I noticed the filter did filter out the commit history for the stuff, but only the part since I moved it to its final destination.
But as I think I wrote all of that code anyway there's no problem with matching who wrote which line of code.
And if someone's interested in the complete history, that's in the main plc4x repo anyway.

Chris

Am 24.06.19, 17:46 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Hi all,

    so I just had infra create the new repo.
    Tomorrow I'll try to import the subdirectory of the plc4x-git into the new repo so we keep the history.

    Chris

    Am 24.06.19, 11:38 schrieb "Strljic, Matthias Milan" <ma...@isw.uni-stuttgart.de>:

        Hi Chris,

        so i am not that creative 😃 and the name sounds quite functional ! 😊
        +1

        Greetings
        Matthias Strljic, M.Sc.

        Universität Stuttgart
        Institut für Steuerungstechnik der Werkzeugmaschinen und Fertigungseinrichtungen (ISW)

        Seidenstraße 36
        70174 Stuttgart
        GERMANY

        Tel: +49 711 685-84530
        Fax: +49 711 685-74530

        E-Mail: matthias.strljic@isw.uni-stuttgart.de

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Sorry for being that late (just missed that one).
I am strongly for this split as ist really seperated code with other lifecylce.
So my +1 is for sure!