Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/18 10:26:07 UTC

Re: Trying to understand the level of activity in Stanbol community

Hi All,

I'm *Furkan KAMACI* who is a person loves open source, Java, and Machine
Learning. I'm Committer and PMC member of Apache Gora, Apache Nutch, and
Committer of Apache ManifoldCF and also a member of The Apache Software
Foundation.

I've developed software and managed teams which creates products on
analyzing Petabytes of data to run efficient Machine Learning and Search
algorithms on Big Data. I have a work experience +10 years including
companies as like Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia and has an academical background.
Currently, I have a company named as LAGOM which works on Big Data and
Machine Learning and contributes to open source projects.

I've contributed to many ASF projects throughout the years including Gora,
ManifoldCF, Nutch, Solr/Lucene and of course *Stanbol*. I was a GSoC
student for Stanbol 4 years ago but I couldn't deep into dive with Stanbol
due to my health problems.

I would like to take responsibility and contribute to *Apache Stanbol* as a
Committer/PMC.

PS: My Apache and GitHub id is *kamaci*.

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Posted by Rafa Haro <rh...@apache.org>.
Hi Furkan,

Glad to hear that. Is there any specific open task that you want to start
addressing or any proposal for the backlog?

Cheers,
Rafa

Posted by Muhammad Sajjad <mu...@kics.edu.pk>.
yes of course.