Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Yu...@muranosoft.com on 2006/03/31 18:41:41 UTC

Does inputSuggestAjax works with STATE_SAVING_METHOD=server

Hi, All!

We are using on our project JSF with STATE_SAVING_METHOD=server, but I found
out that control from sandbox inputSuggestAjax doesn't work with
STATE_SAVING_METHOD=server, it's only works with STATE_SAVING_METHOD=client,
why?

* When I'm using STATE_SAVING_METHOD=server inputSuggestAjax rendered to js
code where you can find something like that:

.. document.getElementById('jsf_tree_64').value

But hidden field jsf_tree_64 is redering only when you have
STATE_SAVING_METHOD=client, so on this line I have javascript error Object
is null or empty.

Thanks for your help,

Yura.

Re: Does inputSuggestAjax works with STATE_SAVING_METHOD=server

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
Here is a blog entry from Ed regardint that state saving parameter ([1])
I guess they added it to the spec during problems, by runing their
blueprint ajax stuff with MyFaces' JSF impl. (Just a guess ;-))

[1] - http://tinyurl.com/ge8kz

On 4/3/06, Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI, JSF 1.2 has a specified name for the state saving parameter
> for exactly this reason.
>
> There's nothing to stop MyFaces from starting to use that parameter
> name right now, which would give convergence a head start.
>
> -- Adam
>

> On 4/3/06, Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ok.
> >
> > In 1.1.1 you're right, it would only work client side state saving.
> > That was fixed later on, and it worked with both methods. Then dojo
> > came in, and currently we support only server-side state saving. We
> > want to enable client-side again.
> >
> > Furthermore, it never worked on RI with client-side state saving,
> > cause the state saving parameter names on client-side are different
> > there.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > On 4/3/06, Ricardo Tercero Lozano <rt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I've tested this component in sandbox.jar for myfaces 1.1.1 and it only
> > > works with client save state method. Otherwise navigator complaints about a
> > > non existent jsf_tree_64 variable.
> > >
> > > Ricardo.

> > --
> >
> > http://www.irian.at
> >
> > Your JSF powerhouse -
> > JSF Consulting, Development and
> > Courses in English and German

Matthias Wessendorf
Zülpicher Wall 12, 239
50674 Köln
http://www.wessendorf.net
mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: Does inputSuggestAjax works with STATE_SAVING_METHOD=server

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ok.

Posted by Ricardo Tercero Lozano <rt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Murat Hazer <mu...@gmail.com>.

--
Murat HAZER
Elektrik-Elektronik Mühendisi - Electrical-Electronics Engineer
Tel - Phone: +90 222 335 05 80 - 1395
Cep Tel - Mobile Phone: +90 532 472 00 63
Blog URL: http://www.projedunyasi.org

Re: Does inputSuggestAjax works with STATE_SAVING_METHOD=server

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think you are talking of 1.1.2 version, I have used it a long time
in a project, where it works fine all the time with server side state
saving.

The client side js stuff should normally not be rendered out with the
server side setting, because the renderer makes a check of which type
the setting is.

Strange problem; in the mentioned project i have switched to the
current nightly input suggest ajax, this works fine, but only with
server side state saving.

Murat, which problem you have with getting the nightly? Just a checkout from:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/current

should work. Or you mean having an actual sandbox example page in the web?

cheers,

Gerald

On 3/31/06, Murat Hazer <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the same problem, somewhere i read that this bug is fixed in the
> nightly builds but neither i can find nightly builds for sandbox or build
> from trunk.
>
> If you find solution i hope you will share it with us.
>
> regards....
>

> On 3/31/06, Yura.Tkachenko@muranosoft.com < Yura.Tkachenko@muranosoft.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > Hi, All!
> >

> > We are using on our project JSF with STATE_SAVING_METHOD=server, but I
> found out that control from sandbox inputSuggestAjax doesn't work with
> STATE_SAVING_METHOD=server, it's only works with STATE_SAVING_METHOD=client,
> why?
> >

> > * When I'm using STATE_SAVING_METHOD=server inputSuggestAjax rendered to
> js code where you can find something like that:
> >
> > …. document.getElementById('jsf_tree_64').value
> >

> > But hidden field jsf_tree_64 is redering only when you have
> STATE_SAVING_METHOD=client, so on this line I have javascript error Object
> is null or empty.
> >

> > Thanks for your help,
> >
> > Yura.
>

> --
> Murat HAZER
> Elektrik-Elektronik Mühendisi - Electrical-Electronics Engineer
> Tel - Phone: +90 222 335 05 80 - 1395
> Cep Tel - Mobile Phone: +90 532 472 00 63
> Blog URL: http://www.projedunyasi.org
> Yahoo Group:

Gerald Müllan
Schelleingasse 2/11
1040 Vienna, Austria
0043 699 11772506
Bierbrauen@gmail.com

Re: Does inputSuggestAjax works with STATE_SAVING_METHOD=server

Posted by Murat Hazer <mu...@gmail.com>.