Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Yogi Devendra <yo...@apache.org> on 2015/11/27 05:54:34 UTC

Slide decks for meetups

Do we have any location where I can find slide decks, videos for all
meetups related Apache Apex?

Currently, I can see some presentations being uploaded unders files section
of corresponding meetup page. But, doing this may not be a good idea;
because we do not get all presentations under 'single location'.

Any suggestions on how should we organize it better?

~ Yogi

Re: Slide decks for meetups

Posted by John Fanelli <jo...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi Yogi,

Desmond can take the lead on organizing all of the meetup materials.

john

Re: Slide decks for meetups

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.
Yogi,
I agree, we do need a single page for these artifacts in community section.
Slides, videos of meetups can be hosted on good hosting sites as follows

slides - slideshare
videos - youtube

Links for these must be on the meetup files page as that is where a
particular meetup community member will go. We do require a single page for
the worldwide community as a whole to look at. I am suggesting the
following as a central location that Thomas asked for

On  http://apex.incubator.apache.org/community.html create a link to an
event list page - maybe http:apex.incubator.apache.org/past-events.html
just like the announcements page -
http://apex.incubator.apache.org/announcements.html is linked through the
community page

BTW, Pune meetup was great, and very engaged. Team had a lot of feedback
from the two meetup, can these be posted annonymously (or in an aggregate
annonymous basis) in terms of use cases, general asks, what participants
prefer etc.?

Thks,
Amol

Re: Slide decks for meetups