Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Christopher Blythe <cj...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/23 17:57:55 UTC

DayTrader 1.2 (J2EE 1.4) on Glassfish

Since I've been working with Glassfish (Sun Server 9) and NetBeans a lot
lately, I wanted to see if I could get DayTrader 1.2 running with minimal
changes. To my chagrin, I was able to pull it off with only a few minor
changes...

- Added vendor specific DDs
- Disabled web services components

One of the cool features I found in NetBeans is a validation utility that
combs through the ear to find spec violations. This utility pointed out some
spec violations in the exception handling associated with the EJBs and some
remnants of the one phase methods (that were removed) still in the
ejb-jar.xml.

Based on all of these, I have put together and attached three patch files.

I have also attached the README (included in the patch) with details on how
to build the ear and deploy the app on Sun Server 9.

Just a small warning... the EJBs are based on defaults and do not have any
type of locking characteristics configured (haven't had a chance to dig into
their doc to figure out how to do this). I haven't had a chance to run this
bad boy under load yet, so I have not idea how it will respond.

Enjoy...

Chris

Re: DayTrader 1.2 (J2EE 1.4) on Glassfish

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 3/29/07, Christopher Blythe <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Haven't gotten any feed back and just wanted to double check and see if
> there were any objections or concerns about applying these changes to the
> current Daytrader releases (1.2 and 2.0). Overall, there were 3 patches
> proposed...

If it doesn't break DT go ahead and commit the changes. If someone had
objected you'd surely have heard it ;-) No complaints, the green light
for the changes.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: DayTrader 1.2 (J2EE 1.4) on Glassfish

Posted by Christopher Blythe <cj...@gmail.com>.
Haven't gotten any feed back and just wanted to double check and see if
there were any objections or concerns about applying these changes to the
current Daytrader releases (1.2 and 2.0). Overall, there were 3 patches
proposed...

- Clean-up of deployment descriptors to remove "zombies"
- Revision of Exceptions thrown by TradeServices interface and impl classes
to adhere to spec
- Addition of SunServer 9 vendor-specific DDs

Chris