Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by 김영우 <wa...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/09 12:12:19 UTC

Confusing in hive-default.xml

Hi,

Myabe it is a typo but i'm not sure.

Excerpt from hive-default.xml (trunk):
<property>
  <name>hive.input.format</name>
  <value>org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat</value>
  <description>The default input format, if it is not specified, the system
assigns it. It is set to HiveInputFormat for hadoop versions 17, 18 and 19,
whereas it is set to CombinedHiveInputFormat for hadoop 20. The user can
always overwrite it - if there is a bug in CombinedHiveInputFormat, it can
always be manually set to HiveInputFormat. </description>
</property>

The 'CombinedHiveInputFormat' does not exist. It should be
'CombineHiveInputFormat' so the property's value is
'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.CombineHiveInputFormat'.

I don't know whether it's a intention or typo.

Thanks.

- Youngwoo

Re: Confusing in hive-default.xml

Posted by 김영우 <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I filed a jira for this and attached a patch.

- Youngwoo

Posted by Namit Jain <nj...@facebook.com>.
It is a typo.
Can you file a jira and fix it ?

Thanks,
-namit

Posted by Paul Yang <py...@facebook.com>.
Yes, good catch, that is just a typo. It should be CombineHiveInputFormat. If you want to fix it, could you file a JIRA for this?

Cheers,
Paul