Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/25 17:52:59 UTC

run geronimo eclipse plugins from the runtime workspace

Sachin,

I found out most of the problems came from the Export-Package of different
plugins' manifest file.  For example, in the
org.apache.geronimo.common.deployment.model.edit plugin, I had:

Export-Package: org.apache.geronimo.common.deployment.model.edit,
 org.apache.geronimo.xml.ns.security.provider,
 org.openejb.xml.ns.pkgen.provider

I changed them to:

Export-Package: src.org.apache.geronimo.common.deployment.model.edit,
 src.org.apache.geronimo.xml.ns.security.provider,
 src.org.openejb.xml.ns.pkgen.provider

This brought my # of errors from 86 to 83.   This seems the reasonable thing
to me as the directory structure is
plugins\org.apache.geronimo.common.deployment.model.edit\src\org\apache\gero
nimo\...   Can you provide some comments?  I really want to run the plugins
from the runtime workspace.

I also saw many of the plugins have red X on the screen shot of the FAQ
page.  How did you resolve them?

TIA,

Lin

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Sachin, thanks this is very helpful!  I started with a clean maven repo,
redid a full build and followed your steps in FAQ.  I am not seeing any
errors now in my eclipse.

Lin

  _____

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Lin,

There is nothing special that needs to be done.  All you need to do
is checkout the source, do a full build.  Then launch a clean
workspace, set your target platform, and then import the projects.
At which point you should have no errors.

On Jul 25, 2006, at 11:52 AM, Lin Sun wrote:

> Sachin,
>
> I found out most of the problems came from the Export-Package of
> different
> plugins' manifest file.  For example, in the
> org.apache.geronimo.common.deployment.model.edit plugin, I had:
>
> Export-Package: org.apache.geronimo.common.deployment.model.edit,
>  org.apache.geronimo.xml.ns.security.provider,
>  org.openejb.xml.ns.pkgen.provider
>
> I changed them to:
>
> Export-Package: src.org.apache.geronimo.common.deployment.model.edit,
>  src.org.apache.geronimo.xml.ns.security.provider,
>  src.org.openejb.xml.ns.pkgen.provider
>
> This brought my # of errors from 86 to 83.   This seems the
> reasonable thing
> to me as the directory structure is
> plugins\org.apache.geronimo.common.deployment.model.edit\src\org
> \apache\gero
> nimo\...   Can you provide some comments?  I really want to run the
> plugins
> from the runtime workspace.
>
> I also saw many of the plugins have red X on the screen shot of the
> page.  How did you resolve them?
>
> TIA,
>
> Lin

-sachin