Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org> on 2006/05/04 23:14:42 UTC

Move issues from scarab to jira

Hi everybody,

As you might know, we are in the process of moving the issue tracker to
jira, because the infrastructure team would like to close down scarab. I'd
ask everyone who created an issue in scarab which is still open to create
an equicalent issue in jira. That should not be too much work for
everyone, and it would have the additional feature that you still receive
mail if something is done in your issue.

There is a field on the "create issue" screen in jira where the scarab
issue id can be filled in; could you please fill that with the full scarab
issue id (e.g. TRQS237).

I'd also ask everyone to create new issues in jira and not in scarab
anymore.

    Thanks a lot in advance,

        Thomas

Re: Move issues from scarab to jira

Posted by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org>.
To keep you informed about the proceeding, I have republished the web site
pointing to jira as an issue tracker.

I have also tried to close the torque modules in scarab (by marking
them as as "deleted"). This did have the effect that noone can see the
issues any more, which is not what we want. I did not find a possibility
to make the modules read-only, so all we can do is to comment anybody who
is still using scarab that the entry wil not be considered and should be
made in jira.

I also attached the tsv exports to the INFRA-761 issue. Unfortunately,
comments and attachments will not make it to jira, but one can transfer
them manually where needed.

     Thomas

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.