Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/08 10:52:24 UTC

[VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2

Hi Everyone,

I've cut a new release candidate for 5.2.0

Could you guys review the release artifacts and vote?

The release notes are here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/ActiveMQ+5.2.0+Release

You can get the binary distributions here:
http://people.apache.org/~gtully/staging-repos/activemq-5.2.0/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.2.0

The Maven2 repository is at:
http://people.apache.org/~gtully/staging-repos/activemq-5.2.0

The Maven generated website for this version is at:
http://people.apache.org/~gtully/staging-sites/activemq-5.2.0/maven/5.2.0

Source SVN tag:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/tags/activemq-5.2.0

Please vote to approve this release binary

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.2.0

Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
2008/10/18 honeybun <js...@biobex.com>:

> A few issues when using the new sslContext support.
>
>  - the default client.ks/broker.ks are self signed, fails I get PKIX
> validation exceptions on startup (I think).  If I use proper certs (signed
> by a CA) then no exceptions.

the default certs are really only used (sufficient) for unit testing.

>  - The <sslContext> under <broker> seems to be evaluated immediately when
> the bean is read in, rather than when it is used to start the broker.  This
> makes it difficult to have a sslContext params that comes out of a database
> (which I tried to do).  If the sslcontext was evaluated lazily, the
> application could lookup some of the parameters from the DB and modify the
> bean before trying to start the embedded broker.

The context is lazily initialised, on the first call to getSSLContext,
which will be called the first time an ssl transport factory does some
work.
see source: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/SslContext.java

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2

Posted by honeybun <js...@biobex.com>.
A few issues when using the new sslContext support.

 - the default client.ks/broker.ks are self signed, fails I get PKIX
validation exceptions on startup (I think).  If I use proper certs (signed
by a CA) then no exceptions.

 - The <sslContext> under <broker> seems to be evaluated immediately when
the bean is read in, rather than when it is used to start the broker.  This
makes it difficult to have a sslContext params that comes out of a database
(which I tried to do).  If the sslcontext was evaluated lazily, the
application could lookup some of the parameters from the DB and modify the
bean before trying to start the embedded broker.

 - plain-text passwords for the keystore in the xml config file, typically
not a good thing.  I'm not sure how this is viewed within the apache dev
community.

 - wish there was a way to lookup the SSL context using JNDI so it could be
provisioned by the app server.

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

looks good

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2

Posted by Hans Bausewein <ha...@comerwell.xs4all.nl>.

Hans Bausewein wrote:

> I think these errors would happen is a client connects to one host instead
> of using the failover URL.
>
> ... so or the time being a [0] if I may vote again

The master has 1 consumer for this queue. while the slave has 3

but I don't know from where.

Hans

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2

Posted by Hans Bausewein <ha...@comerwell.xs4all.nl>.

Gary Tully wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've cut a new release candidate for 5.2.0
>
> Could you guys review the release artifacts and vote?

I've sent a few 100 messages with my test client and it seems fine, so far.

On the master I got a:
  "Cannot lookup a consumer from a connection that had not been registered"
and on the slave a:
  "IllegalStateException: Cannot lookup a consumer from a connection that
had not been registered"

but it seems related to a message to a queue "example.A" and I don't know
where it came from.

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2

Posted by Hans Bausewein <ha...@comerwell.xs4all.nl>.

Hans Bausewein wrote:

> I think I have another: again a temporary queue is not deleted on the
> slave.
> It happened when an application exception occurred, so I think it is
> related to a rolled back transaction.
>
> When I solved the problem that caused the application exception I did not
> get more old temporary queues on the slave.

I've found the issue:

The exceptions were a coincidence. It was just not happening as often as
before.

I think I can start the real testing, now :)

Hans

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2

Posted by Hans Bausewein <ha...@comerwell.xs4all.nl>.

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2

Posted by Hans Bausewein <ha...@comerwell.xs4all.nl>.

Gary Tully wrote:

> Please vote to approve this release binary
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.2.0

A -1 from me again :(

See https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1970

It has improved a lot since RC1, but apparently the synchronization fails,
when there are more than 200 messages in the queue. This also happens with a
single client bean.

Hans

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2

Posted by "jayson.minard" <ja...@gmail.com>.
I have performed more testing and found another issue making me nervous about
5.2.0 RC2

--j

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2

Posted by "jayson.minard" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2

Posted by "jayson.minard" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
I will cut RC3 today and it will be from trunk, it will reference Camel 1.5.

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC2

Posted by hanson2010 <ha...@gmail.com>.
+1