Posted to dev@celix.apache.org by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/10 14:53:13 UTC

[VOTE] Release Celix version 2.3.0

This is the release vote for Apache Celix, version 2.3.0.

It fixes the following issues:

Source files:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/celix/celix-2.3.0/

The commit ID to be voted upon:
a03cd54755a7b3736914296852070ab663ce628f

https://github.com/apache/celix/commit/a03cd54755a7b3736914296852070ab663ce628f

Celix's keys can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/celix/KEYS

Information for voting on a release can be found at:
https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#approving-a-release

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Disapprove the release (please provide specific comments)

Note that an Apache release needs to be a Majority Approval (requires
at-least 3 binding +1 votes and more +1 votes than -1 votes).

If this release is approved I will promote it to an official release
(e.g. move from dist/dev to dist/release and tagging the release in git)

Re: [VOTE] Release Celix version 2.3.0

Posted by Roy Bulter <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1 for release

Greetings,

Roy

Posted by Roy Lenferink <rl...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Thanks for preparing the release Pepijn and apologies to be a little late
to the party.

I checked the release and found the following:
* The CHANGES.md contains a TBD on line 22. This probably should be the
release preparation date (2022-07-10).
* There is a RELEASE_NOTES file containing release notes for the 2.2.0
release. This probably should have been updated.

Next to that I noticed that we use the dev/KEYS for voting. I just learned
yesterday that it is better to drop the dev/KEYS and use the release/KEYS
instead [1].
The 2 KEYS files are already the same, see
https://downloads.apache.org/celix/KEYS so it would be as simple as
removing the dev/KEYS file.

Seeing that the vote is already closed and the artifacts released, these
are things we can fix for the next release.

- Roy

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/fq3nc72o0d4yykfflc014c1m9kvq77t0

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,