Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Daniel Schwager <Da...@dtnet.de> on 2008/07/30 21:03:53 UTC

[SCXML] bug on parallel state with onentry element

Hi Rahul,

in <parallel> section, a <onentry> element have to work also with
context variables
(http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/#N102F2) - but I got an exception like shown
below.

If I remove the log-statement in parallel.onentry, the fsm works fine

It must be a bug - isn't it ?

Regards
Danny

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<scxml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml" version="1.0"
	xmlns:cs="http://commons.apache.org/scxml"
initialstate="running">

	<parallel id="running">
		<onentry>
			<log expr="'We are in running'" />
		</onentry>

		<state id="state1">
			<onentry>
				<log expr="'We are in state1'" />
			</onentry>
		</state>

		<state id="state12" />
	</parallel>
</scxml>

	at
org.apache.commons.scxml.SCInstance.getContext(SCInstance.java:178)
	at org.apache.commons.scxml.model.Log.execute(Log.java:102)
	at
org.apache.commons.scxml.semantics.SCXMLSemanticsImpl.executeActions(SCX
MLSemanticsImpl.java:232)
	at
org.apache.commons.scxml.SCXMLExecutor.reset(SCXMLExecutor.java:252)
	at
org.apache.commons.scxml.SCXMLExecutor.go(SCXMLExecutor.java:351)
	at
de.dtnet.virtcenter.util.scxml.persistence.domain.StateMachine.go(StateM
achine.java:231)
	... 23 more
... Removed 22 stack frames

Re: [SCXML] bug on parallel state with onentry element

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 4:43 PM, Daniel Schwager
<Da...@dtnet.de> wrote:
>> Please submit a smallest possible test case (and a patch, if you want)
>> to the Commons SCXML project in JIRA. Thanks!
>
> Here we are (-:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCXML-81

<snip/>

Thanks, I'll try to get to this next week.

-Rahul

AW: [SCXML] bug on parallel state with onentry element

Posted by Daniel Schwager <Da...@dtnet.de>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Daniel Schwager
<Da...@dtnet.de> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> in <parallel> section, a <onentry> element have to work also with
> context variables
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/#N102F2) - but I got an exception like shown
> below.
>
> If I remove the log-statement in parallel.onentry, the fsm works fine
>
> It must be a bug - isn't it ?

<snip/>

Looks like it. Originally, the spec didn't require (and therefore,
Commons SCXML didn't implement) <onentry> / <onexit> children of
<parallel>.