Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by soap vamsi <so...@rediffmail.com> on 2002/05/27 07:35:03 UTC

why uddi?

I am not sure if this is the right place for this query ,I will
be grateful though for any information in this direction.
My query is regarding the services that are likely to become
webservices and the need for uddi.
In my opnion there are two senarios where webservies might find
place
1.b2b.
2.b2c.
Firstly in a b2b senario one business knows the other.Where is the
need to dynamically discover the service using uddi?
In a b2c senario when if the client doesnot know the business
service provider the need for uddi is warrnated,but here the
client(i am referening to an end user) needs to soap aware and
soap capable to avail those services.To what extent is this a
realistic expectation?
If i am wrong in my extrapolation regd the likely webservices,
what services to become webservices?

I may have been myopic in my opinion formation,pl feel free to
make me aware of the possiblities  that i have overlooked.
Thaking you
vamsi

Click below to visit monsterindia.com and review jobs in India or
Abroad
http://monsterindia.rediff.com/jobs

Re: why uddi?

Posted by Harry Mynmann <ha...@hotmail.com>.
Hi :

.

UDDI is more of a registry of services. It is NOT Web Services, just a small
part - in my opinion, insignificant. Web Services is made of many
components - the most important being using SOAP as a protocol, XML over
HTTP.

Re: why uddi?

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
I personally have great doubts that UDDI will become important.  I agree with your reasoning in the
B2B scenario.  For B2C, it seems more likely that clients will "learn" of a service via a "trusted"
source, much as consumers typically do searches today via Yahoo, Google or even AOL.

Scott Nichol

Re: why uddi?

Re: why uddi?