Posted to dev@hop.apache.org by "Sergio Ramazzina (SERASOFT)" <se...@serasoft.it> on 2021/10/12 17:27:15 UTC

Proposal for a little improvement in Environments lifecycles

Dear hoppers

these days we got into a possible improvements about how, in the gui,
the Environments combo displays to our Hop developers the environments
tthat are available. Currently, we know that an environment can be
associated to a project or just defined and not associated to any
project but the point is that the Environment combo is displaying all
the environments including environments that are associated with a
project that is not the current project. In my opinion this could create
a bit of misunderstanding in the users because this could not be what
they expect.

My proposal is to add a checkbox in the Projects tab of the Option
dialog to hide, from the environment combo, environments that are
already associated to projects that are not the current one.  This in my
opinion will give better usability. The idea to provide a checkbox in
the Options dialog, is to give the possibility to our users to return to
current environment combo's behavior so that environments that was
already associated to a project could be easily selected and
re-associated to the current project.

Let me know your opinion on that and eventually I will open an
improvement JIRA for this.

Best

Sergio

--