Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Cefn Hoile <ce...@mac.com> on 2005/05/21 22:57:44 UTC

Error in User Guide?

In the User Guide I find the following surprising comment in example
code...

$sisyphus.pushRock()
## Velocity assumes I mean $sisyphus.getRock()

...is Velocity really capable of doing such an imprecise translation?
Or am I missing something?

Cefn
http://cefn.com

Re: Error in User Guide?

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cefn,

> In the User Guide I find the following surprising comment in example
> code...
>
> $sisyphus.pushRock()
> ## Velocity assumes I mean $sisyphus.getRock()
>
> ...is Velocity really capable of doing such an imprecise translation?
> Or am I missing something?

Very misleading comment.  "if I write $sisyphus.rock" should follow.
ie. you need to spell out the method name if it doesn't respond to the
JavaBean contract.

Best regards,
-- Shinobu

--