Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Svend-Ole Nielsen <sv...@vehco.com> on 2014/12/12 14:17:15 UTC

Route executed in sync - one after another

Hi all

I have a setup where I need to download from several FTP sites - but it needs to be done one after another. I have looked over the documentation, but nothing stands out as being what I need.

I have a timer that fires once a day. This timer should trigger the first download route. When that finishes, the next download route should start. Then the next... and so on. But as I understand from the documentation of the FTP Component, it will only consume when used as a from() - and there is no way to force it to download when it is a producer ( to() )

I have looked at using the recipientlist, onCompletion, but they don't seem to do the trick. Maybe I'm just overlooking something obvious :)

Regards - and have a nice weekend,
Svend

Re: Route executed in sync - one after another

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
You could try with the polling consumer:
http://camel.apache.org/polling-consumer.html

In the route triggered by the timer you can use some java code to call
the receive() on each endpoint.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider