Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gabe <ga...@groundzero.com> on 2003/09/24 20:49:57 UTC

Tomcat 4 appears to ignore web.xml after upgrade

I upgraded a Tomcat installation from 3.2.3 to 4.1.24, with a virtual
host configuration using apache. Everything works fine, except that
nothing in the web.xml file seems to be registering. This same web.xml
file worked in Tomcat 3.2.3. That is:
- taglibs are only able to be referenced using their location not by the
<taglib-uri>mytaglib</taglib-uri> directive.
- servlets are not able to be referenced by their servlet mappings.

More details on taglibs:

In web.xml, the taglibs are added as below:

<taglib>
        <taglib-uri>mytaglib</taglib-uri>
        <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/mytaglib.tld</taglib-location>
 </taglib>

In the file itself:
<%@ taglib uri="mytaglib" prefix="mailer" %>
does not work, but
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/lib/mytaglib.tld" prefix="mailer" %>
works.

As for servlets, I have a servlet added to the web.xml file:
 <servlet>
     <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
     <servlet-class>com.groundzero.MyServlet</servlet-class>
   </servlet>

   <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/MyServlet</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

However, when I try to access the file, I get a Tomcat page that says
resource not found. Again all files in lib/ and classes/ are being
found. It just does not seem to register these mappings.

My context host tags done as below:

<Host name="myvirtualdomain.com"
   debug="0" appBase="/usr/local/www/docs/www.moparaction.com"
unpackWARs="true">
        <Alias>www.myvirtualdomain.com</Alias>
        <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
          modJk="/etc/httpd/modules/mod_jk-1.3.eapi.so"
          forwardAll="false"
          append="true"/>
          directory="logs" prefix="myvirtualdomain" suffix=".log"
timestamp="true"/>
        <Context path="" docBase="" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>
</Host>

Any help on this would be *extremely* helpful.

Gabe