Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/13 12:43:13 UTC

Jackrabbit 2.2.0 release plan

Hi all,

We released Jackrabbit 2.1 in April and there's been a lot of progress
in trunk since then, so I think it's time to start planning for the
2.2 release.

There's a few bigger efforts ongoing in trunk and I'd like to get
things like a Tika 0.8 (hopefully out in October) upgrade included, so
I'd like to initially target November for the release date.

Please use the 2.2.0 label in Jira to tag any issues that you think
are essential for this release. I'll follow up with a more detailed
release plan once we have a better picture of everything we need to do
before the release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Jackrabbit 2.2.0 release plan

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

On 06/12/10 08:45, Serge Huber wrote:
> Thanks for the graphs. Indeed performance looks a lot better on 2.2
> than 2.1 or 2.0, but in some cases we're still quite slower than
> previous versions. Especially the login/logout test is performing
> poorly, do you have any idea why ?

It's mostly caused by extra setup work used to speed up especially
access control operations later on. See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2814 for related work.

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
Hello Jukka,

Thanks for the graphs. Indeed performance looks a lot better on 2.2 than 2.1 or 2.0, but in some cases we're still quite slower than previous versions. Especially the login/logout test is performing poorly, do you have any idea why ?

Regards,
  Serge Huber.

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
Hi Marcel,

I know I could use XPath :) I was just trying to help out on the performance issue :)

From looking at the code, it really looks like there was a lot of effort put into optimizing SQL-1 and XPath, but that we are only at the beginning of the optimizations for SQL-2.

Regards,
  Serge Huber.

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
Hi serge,

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
Hello Jukka,

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

On 10/11/10 00:13, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> We're getting closer to the release now. I think the big pieces are
> mostly in place already, so I'm planning to create the 2.2 branch next
> Tuesday, one week from now.

After some delays I've now created the 2.2 branch, and Jackrabbit trunk
is now 2.3-SNAPSHOT. I'll review and merge any trunk commits that still
should be included in the upcoming 2.2.0 release.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

From: Gadbury [mailto:gadbury@googlemail.com]
> Do you think https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2715 will
> make it in to 2.2.0?

Yes, that's the plan.

Posted by Gadbury <ga...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jukka,

Do you think https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2715 will make it in
to 2.2.0?  This is the improvement I am most hoping to make it in :)

Cheers,

James

Re: Jackrabbit 2.2.0 release plan

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it be possible to get the patches in JCR-2735, JCR-2737, and
> JCR-2738 applied? These are all trivial patches.

Sure! All patches applied.

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
Would it be possible to get the patches in JCR-2735, JCR-2737, and
JCR-2738 applied? These are all trivial patches.

Thanks,
Justin