Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by jcplerm <jc...@ameritech.net> on 2003/05/23 02:39:39 UTC

Transaction and concurrency support

Hello,

I understand Xindice runs in a server-based multithreaded environment, but it's not clear to me to what extent Xindice supports the notion of transactions and how well it handles multiple users querying and updating the same documents concurrently.

I am not asking about performance numbers (I posted a question a few weeks ago and thanks for those who replied).

For instance, while an XUPDATE command is being processed on one or more documents, does Xindice place any type of lock on those documents?

Does Xindice support the ACID properties (Atomicity, Consistency, Independence, Durability)?

Is there any form of transaction demarcation that spans multiple XUPDATE commands?

Thanks a lot,

Julio