Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Lo...@log-net.com on 2001/09/24 16:19:49 UTC

Re: Wrap option

Anirban:

I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that the formatter does not know
how to wrap in this instance.  In your case, "World is going down", the
formatter can wrap it on whitespace.  Since there is no whitespace in
"Worldisgoingdown", it does not know how to wrap it.

I'm sure there is some pretty neat code for resizing your columns based on
the max size of the text in the cell.  We are having an issue like this for
table columns that are different for each language we support (a word in
English might be quite larger in Spanish or German).

I hope this is what you are asking.

-Lou

"Anirban Bhaumik" <an...@ushacomm.co.in> on 09/24/2001 08:24:31
AM

Please respond to fop-dev@xml.apache.org

To:   <fo...@xml.apache.org>
cc:

Subject:  Wrap option

hello everybody

 The problem I am facing is like this:
 While using the wrap-option in <fo:block>, I find that long words placed
in
a table-cell do not wrap and spill over to next cell.
Suppose I have a word "Worldisgoingdown" and the space defined in
table-column is 1 inch then it spills over. If the words are spaced out
,then wrapping occurs "World is going down".
So you see, <fo:block wrap-option="wrap"> is not working.
I would be glad if anyone of you could help me out.

Regards,
Anirban.

E-mails:-
anirban.bhaumik@ushacomm.co.in