Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Marco Aurelio Barbosa Fagnani Lotz <m....@stu12.qmul.ac.uk> on 2013/07/20 19:50:33 UTC

Zookeeper problem when running in Pure Yarn

Hello :)

When I run the SinglePageRankComputation example, using the following cmd line:

hadoop jar giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.0.3-alpha-jar-with-dependencies.jar org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner org.apache.giraph.examples.SimplePageRankComputation -vif org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat -vip /input/input.txt -of org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op /outPageRank -w 1 -mc org.apache.giraph.examples.SimplePageRankComputation\$SimplePageRankMasterCompute

I am getting the following error:

"13/07/20 18:37:57 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
13/07/20 18:37:58 INFO utils.ConfigurationUtils: No edge input format specified. Ensure your InputFormat does not require one.
13/07/20 18:37:58 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Final output path is: hdfs://localhost:9000/outPageRank
13/07/20 18:37:58 INFO service.AbstractService: Service:org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.YarnClientImpl is inited.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Giraph on YARN does not currentlysupport Giraph-managed ZK instances: use a standalone ZooKeeper: 'null'
at org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphYarnClient.checkJobLocalZooKeeperSupported(GiraphYarnClient.java:392)
at org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphYarnClient.run(GiraphYarnClient.java:106)
at org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.run(GiraphRunner.java:96)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:84)
at org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.main(GiraphRunner.java:126)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:212)"

I couldn't fine anything about this Zookeeper error on google, any hints?
Since the PageRankBenchmark is not working on Yarn, what are the examples actually working on the current versions?

Oh, another thing: Does anyone knows how to remove the:

"13/07/20 18:37:57 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable"

On Hadoop Yarn 2.0.3-alpha?

Best regards,
Marco

Re: Zookeeper problem when running in Pure Yarn

Posted by Eli Reisman <ap...@gmail.com>.
Its buried in the middle of the stack trace :) sorry my bad!

You need to launch your own standalone Zookeeper instance or quorum, when
the YARN port is better integrated into mainline Giraph the plan is for
Zookeeper to be launched in its own process at the Application Master
instead of within Giraph, so we don't integrate it currently. If you don't
supply your own instance or quorum before the job run to connect to, Giraph
on YARN doesn't launch one.

Re: Missing classes SendMessageToAllCache / SendWorkerOneToAllMessagesRequest

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.
This should be fixed now.