Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "robert.mcguinness" <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/26 18:59:23 UTC

Reference to Image in CSS

Amigos:

I know this questions has been asked before, but maybe with Wicket 1.3 there
is a different solution (or maybe someone can dumb down the explanation).  I
have implemented a custom resource locator for the html files in Wicket a la
Wiki example.  Basically, I strip the prefix "com.company.web" from the
package of the java file and then reference the html using the remaining
string ex: /common/BaseLayoutPage.html.  My web application structure is
below.  In my css, I have a reference to a background image ex:
background-image: url(images/background.gif) for one of my div elements in
the BaseLayoutPage.html markup.  I load the css from within the
BaseLayoutPage.java using the command
add(HeaderContributor.forCSS("css/poc.sss"));, but the background image does
not show.  If I preview the page with the browser I see the the page
rendered just fine, but when the page is rendered via Wicket the background
image does not show (yet the rest of the css is applied).  Any suggestions
on how to reference an image not found in the src directory of the java
files?  Gracias!

Rob

/***Web App Structure***/

src
    - com.company.web.common.BaseLayoutPage.java
web
    - js
    - css
        - poc.css
    - images
        - background.gif
    - WEB-INF
        - html
            - common
                BaseLayoutPage.html

Re: Reference to Image in CSS

Posted by "robert.mcguinness" <ro...@gmail.com>.
Nevermind.  Eclipse was not publishing the image to the exploded web app in
Apache.  Once I manually added the image the program worked accordingly.

- rm3