Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Vicki Brown <vl...@cfcl.com> on 2002/05/22 06:24:27 UTC

Trouble installing mod_perl module files

I just installed Apache 1.3.22 (that's what's in the FreeBSD ports
collection).  We were previously running 1.3.14

I installed mod_perl-1.26 into this with

         perl Makefile.PL \
            APACHE_SRC=/usr/ports/www/apache13/work/apache_1.3.22/src \
            DO_HTTPD=1 \
            USE_APACI=1 \
            PREP_HTTPD=1 \
            EVERYTHING=1
          make
          make install

Then I (re)built and (re)installed Apache. When I finished, I ran
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl configtest and I get

 Syntax error on line 207 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
 Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/apache/mod_mmap_static.so into server:
 Cannot open "/usr/local/apache/libexec/apache/mod_mmap_static.so"

It's true; there are no modules in /usr/local/apache/libexec/ - nothing much
is
in that directory. I've rebuild and re-installed both mod_perl and apache to
no avail.

The LoadModule lines are being added to httpd.conf

      LoadModule mmap_static_module libexec/apache/mod_mmap_static.so

      ClearModuleList
      AddModule mod_mmap_static.c

But the files aren't being installed into libexec/

Do I have to move the files manually?!
Am I doing something / not doing something that should be obvious?
--
- Vicki

Vicki Brown     ZZZ                  Journeyman Sourceror:
P.O. Box 1269      zz  |\     _,,,---,,_        Scripts & Philtres
San Bruno, CA       zz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     Perl, Unix, MacOS
94066     USA         |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
mailto:vlb@cfcl.com  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)  http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb

Re: Trouble installing mod_perl module files

Posted by Jie Gao <J....@isu.usyd.edu.au>.
On Tue, 21 May 2002, Vicki Brown wrote:

> I just installed Apache 1.3.22 (that's what's in the FreeBSD ports
> collection).  We were previously running 1.3.14
>
> I installed mod_perl-1.26 into this with
>
>          perl Makefile.PL \
>             APACHE_SRC=/usr/ports/www/apache13/work/apache_1.3.22/src \
>             DO_HTTPD=1 \
>             USE_APACI=1 \
>             PREP_HTTPD=1 \
>             EVERYTHING=1
>           make
>           make install
>
> Then I (re)built and (re)installed Apache. When I finished, I ran
> /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl configtest and I get
>
>  Syntax error on line 207 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
>  Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/apache/mod_mmap_static.so into server:
>  Cannot open "/usr/local/apache/libexec/apache/mod_mmap_static.so"
>
> It's true; there are no modules in /usr/local/apache/libexec/ - nothing much
> is
> in that directory. I've rebuild and re-installed both mod_perl and apache to
> no avail.
>
> The LoadModule lines are being added to httpd.conf
>
>       LoadModule mmap_static_module libexec/apache/mod_mmap_static.so
>
>       ClearModuleList
>       AddModule mod_mmap_static.c

You need to configure Apache to build those modules, either statically or
as dso, with:

--enable-module=NAME
--enable-shared=NAME

Read the file INSTALL in the Apache distribution.

Regards,

Jie