Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com> on 2017/05/26 16:27:40 UTC

commons-lang3

Hi,

I've noticed that on master we don't explicitly set a dependency to
common-lang, we just have commons-lang3 there:
https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/parent/pom.xml#L83

That goes with cxf xjc 3.1.0 actually requiring commons-lang3. Now,
unfortunately, it seems that old commons-lang is still transitively
pulled through velocity 1.7.

What do you think about us trying to upgrade to recently released
velocity 2.0 in master, before releasing 3.2.0, so that we can have only
commons-lang3 dependency ?

Cheers

Alessio

Re: commons-lang3

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com>.
I've actually just merged the PR, the only 2 failures I got on Jenkins did
not look related.
Cheers
Alessio

Re: commons-lang3

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com>.

Re: commons-lang3

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: commons-lang3

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com>.

Re: commons-lang3

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org>.
Hi Alessio!

> What do you think about us trying to upgrade to recently released
> velocity 2.0 in master, before releasing 3.2.0, so that we can have only
> commons-lang3 dependency ?

+1 but it's not published to central yet, is it?

Regards
Dennis