Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2007/10/01 16:40:32 UTC

Issues with PEAR files

I added 2 more issues to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-583
for things not working with the PEAR inside an Aggregate implementation.

Ideally, for the cleanest architecture (the one with fewest
restrictions, where things work the way people would expect) these
restrictions should be removed, rather than documented, I think.  But
that may be low priority...

-Marshall

Re: Issues with PEAR files

Posted by Danai Wiriyayanyongsuk <da...@gmail.com>.
On 10/2/07, Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> wrote:

> Indeed in your scenario I understand that it would be very helpful if we
> could override the PEAR parameters in an aggregate AE.
> But please see my comments in the mail trail "Hotfix or next release".
>
> I think we should discuss the UIMA class loading extension you added to
> the UIMA requirements page
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/UIMA/UIMA+Requirements?showComments=true#comments
> and see what's possible within UIMA when implementing this. I think that
> fits more to your scenario.
>
> -- Michael

Thanks Michael. That sounds like a good alternative. Please feel free to let
me know if you have any questions/suggestions regarding the feature I posted
in the requirements page.

Re: Issues with PEAR files

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.

Re: Issues with PEAR files