Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Bill Au <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/09 20:21:26 UTC

no longer in storage-conf.xml in 0.6

I am checking out the 0.6 release since I need the batch_mutate command.  I
noticed that <ControlPort> is no longer in storage-conf.xml for 0.6.  Is
that not used anymore?  Or is that not configurable anymore?  If it is still
used but not configurable, how do I run multiple instances of Cassandra on a
single machine?

Bill

Re: no longer in storage-conf.xml in 0.6

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
It's no longer used.

And it was always assumed that ControlPort and StoragePort are the
same across all instances; you run multiple instances on a single
machine by varying the IP address, not the ports.