Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Mukunth Venkatesan <mu...@agaramtech.com> on 2015/10/28 07:45:03 UTC

Flex

Hello Om,

Thanks for giving me the email id via twitter. We have been developing with
Flex since 2008. We being a product company are under pressure to move out
of Flash plug-in.  So far we have been thinking only about moving towards
some other technology. I did not see any big change in the FlexJS.  Is this
project active? Can we use this for migrating to flash less versions for our
product?

Can you or your team members help us with a migration solution if the FlexJS
has reached to the level of being used by companies like us?

Best regards

Mukunth

  _____

Mukunth Venkatesan

CEO

[E] :  <ma...@agaramtech.com>
mukunth.venkatesan@agaramtech.com

[A] : 76 Nelson road, Priyan Plaza, Aminjikarai, Chennai 600 029, India

[O] :  <ma...@agaramtech.com> +91-44-4208-2005 / +
1-800-NOW-LIMS (669-5467)

[M] :  <ma...@agaramtech.com> +91-98401-36831

[W] :  <http://www.agaramtech.com/> www.agaramtech.com

  Integrated Laboratory Solutions

     LIMS | ELN | SDMS | QMS

  _____

This communication may contain information that is proprietary,
confidential, or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, please note that any other dissemination, distribution, use or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Anyone who receives
this message in error should notify the sender immediately by telephone or
by return e-mail and delete it from his or her computer.

  _____

Re: Flex

Posted by LukeWilimitis <lc...@ntrs.com>.
FlexJS has clearly expanded greatly and in a very short period of time!

I think Mukunth's objective here is to convert an existing Flex application.
As I have been attempting to do this for my company for a few months, I can
relate that it is a very daunting task.

In the coming year/two years there will be a sizable rush of companies
looking to convert their existing apps with tools like FlexJS, and I know my
company has already invested a lot of resources into the effort.

I think when he refers to 'big change' he is referring to the fact that it
is still being developed as its own SDK, and does not support the conversion
of the wide range of existing Flex code that is used in an enterprise level
application.

Luke

Re: Flex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 10/29/15, 5:21 AM, "Mukunth Venkatesan" <mu...@agaramtech.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We will be happy to pilot our application migration.  Can we get support
>for
>this? Even if it is paid would be fine.

It would be great to have you start on the migration of your application.

Support is free and provided by the community.  If FlexJS becomes more
popular, then some business may provide paid support in the future.  For
now, ask questions on the mailing list and folks will do their best to
answer them.  I always try to prioritize questions from FlexJS users.

-Alex

RE: Flex

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.