Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Dancsuj Janos <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/07 15:54:04 UTC

Requesting help to solve a an issue when using Turbine

Good afternoon!

My name is Janos Dancsuj!

I am newbie to using the Turbine framework! I want to build an internal web
application using the Turbine Framework version 2.3.3

My issue is:

I wrote a simply web application to familiarize my self with the Turbine
Framework, at startup I recieve the following error. (See below please)

Can you tell me please how can I startup my primitiv application clean or
can you please point me to a useful link where I can find enough
documentation to solve the problem?

Thank you for your understanding,

Best Regards,

Janos Dancsuj

(org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationUtils).

63 [main] INFO org.apache.turbine.Turbine - Configured log4j from
D:\workspace1\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\wtpwebapps\TestTurbine\WEB-INF\conf\Log4j.properties

63 [main] INFO org.apache.turbine.Turbine - Loaded configuration
(Properties) from /WEB-INF/conf/TurbineResources.properties
(D:\workspace1\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\wtpwebapps\TestTurbine\WEB-INF\conf\TurbineResources.properties)

94 [main] INFO org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Finished
initializing all services!

94 [main] DEBUG org.apache.turbine.Turbine - Input Encoding has been set to
ISO-8859-1

94 [main] FATAL org.apache.turbine.Turbine - Turbine: init() failed:
* *

*org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException*: ServiceBroker:
unknown service TemplateService requested

at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(*
BaseServiceBroker.java:507*)

at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(*
BaseServiceBroker.java:449*)

at org.apache.turbine.services.template.TurbineTemplate.getService(*
TurbineTemplate.java:43*)

at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.init(*Turbine.java:196*)

at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(*GenericServlet.java:212*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(*
StandardWrapper.java:1173*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(*StandardWrapper.java:993*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(*
StandardContext.java:4187*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(*StandardContext.java:4496
*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(*ContainerBase.java:1045*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(*StandardHost.java:785*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(*ContainerBase.java:1045*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(*StandardEngine.java:443*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(*StandardService.java:519*
)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(*StandardServer.java:710*)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(*Catalina.java:581*)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(*Native Method*)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(*Bootstrap.java:289*)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(*Bootstrap.java:414*)

Re: Requesting help to solve a an issue when using Turbine

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Hi Janos,

Am 07.05.2012 15:54, schrieb Dancsuj Janos:
> Can you tell me please how can I startup my primitiv application clean or
> can you please point me to a useful link where I can find enough
> documentation to solve the problem?

Well this looks like a TemplateService like the VelocityTemplateService
is not configured in TurbineResources.properties.

I'd suggest to start with a web application as generated by the Turbine
2.3.3 maven archetype. See the mail in
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@turbine.apache.org/msg00429.html on how
to get access to this. The archetype will create a working web
application with all services configured correctly. That should give you
a better starting point.

Bye, Thomas.