Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by r b <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/02 21:09:39 UTC

are there any SolrCloud supervisors?

I've been working on something that just monitors ZooKeeper to add and
remove nodes from collections. the use case being I put SolrCloud in
an autoscaling group on EC2 and as instances go up and down, I need
them added to the collection. It's something I've built for work and
could clean up to share on GitHub if there is much interest.

I asked in the IRC about a SolrCloud supervisor utility but wanted to
extend that question to this list. are there any more "full featured"
supervisors out there?

-renning

Re: are there any SolrCloud supervisors?

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Vachon <je...@wantedanalytics.com>.
I would be interested in seeing it in action. Do you have any documentation available on what it does and how?

Thanks

Posted by Jeff Wartes <jw...@whitepages.com>.
I’m aware of two public administration tools:
This was announced to the list just recently:
https://github.com/bloomreach/solrcloud-haft
And I’ve been working in this:
https://github.com/whitepages/solrcloud_manager

Both of these hook the Solrcloud client’s ZK access to inspect the cluster
state and execute more complex cluster-aware operations. I was also a bit
amused, because it looks like we both independently arrived at the same
replication-handler-based copy-collection operation. (Which suggests to me
that the functionality should be pushed into the collections API.)

Neither of these is a supervisor though, they merely provide a way to
execute cluster aware commands. Another monitor-oriented mechanism would
be needed to detect when to perform those commands, and I’ve not seen
anything existing along those lines.

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.
Sounds interesting...

Posted by Trey Grainger <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Stults <ss...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Something like Exhibitor for Zookeeper? Very cool! Don't worry too much
about cleaning up the repo. When it comes time to integrate it with Solr or
make it an Apache top-level project you can start with a fresh commit
history :)

-Scott

--
Scott Stults | Founder & Solutions Architect | OpenSource Connections, LLC
http://www.opensourceconnections.com