Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Arash Bazrafshan <ar...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/03 02:55:21 UTC

Bug regarding removing and retrieving entire supercolumn.

Hullo.

Think I got a bug in Cassandra. Do you also think it's a bug?

It should be noted that I experience this bug when using cassandra through
thrift's php api (the low-level one generated by thrift, not some high-level
from the cassandra wiki).

It happens when i insert a supercolumn (with a single column "bar") under
key "foo", and then delete the supercolumn (under the same key).

After that if I insert the same supercolumn (with the same column) under key
"foo" then I'm not able to retrieve it (the entire supercolumn).

However I am able to retrieve the single column "bar" within the
supercolumn.

So If I try to retrieve the entire supercolumn then I get
"notfoundexception", but if I wanna fetch the single column "bar" within the
supercolumn, then that's fine.

Also this problem dissapears if I stop cassandra and remove log+data,
meaning that after that I can insert the same supercolumn and then retrieve
the entire supercolumn.

I have pasted some code on pasterbin that you can look at to get a specific
idea of it.

http://pastebin.com/Wrsqk0uW

Regards...

//Arash

Re: Bug regarding removing and retrieving entire supercolumn.

Posted by Arash Bazrafshan <ar...@gmail.com>.
Please consider this thread closed.

This was a sloppy description of the bug, written by me at a time when I
should actually be sleeping.

I wrote a more detailed specification at a later time, and the result of it
was that the bug was confirmed and in fact it had already been solved (see
CASSANDRA-703).

I used cassandra 0.5 when observing this bug.

Sorry for any inconvenience. I shouldn't have written this sloppy descr. :-/

//Arash

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.