Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Suzi Griffiths <Su...@merant.com> on 2001/09/28 19:29:08 UTC

Cannot Get Ant to work

Hi,

Sorry that this is such a basic question, but I cannot get ant to run.

I am following the J2EE tutorial which says the following:
1.	In a terminal window, go to the j2eetutorial/examples/src directory.

2.	Type the following command:
		ant converter

Which I did, but am continually get the following message when trying to run
ant.

'ant' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I have set my classpath to include c:\ant\bin  (ant being where I installed
it)
I have tried with just c:\ant  c:\ant\bin,   and also added the
c:\ant\lib\ant.jar, c:\ant\lib\jaxp.jar & c:\ant\lib\parser.jar

Please help !

Suzi Griffiths
Pre Sales Consultant - Micro Focus
The Lawns, 22-30 Old Bath Road, Newbury, Berkshire. RG14 1QN
Tel:              +44 (0)1635 565629
Mobile:         +44 (0)777 1676771
Home Office:+44 (0)1740 645593
Email:Suzi.griffiths@merant.com