Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Bob Nemeth <ne...@erlllc.com> on 2001/10/09 23:06:39 UTC

setIncludeIgnorableWhitespace

Xerces version: 1.5.1
VC++ 6 sp5

I'm attempting to have my parser ignore whitespaces, so I tried using
setIncludeIgnorableWhitespace(false) and it is NOT working... I still get
empty text nodes.

This is how I'm attempting to use it:

// Copied from one of the samples
DOMParser *parser = new DOMParser;
parser->setValidationScheme(ValScheme);
parser->setDoNamespaces(DoNamespaces);
parser->setDoSchema(DoSchema);
DOMTreeErrorReporter *errReporter = new DOMTreeErrorReporter();
parser->setErrorHandler(errReporter);
parser->setCreateEntityReferenceNodes(DoCreate);
parser->setToCreateXMLDeclTypeNode(true);

// Attempting to have parser ignore whitespace
parser->setIncludeIgnorableWhitespace(false);

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I'm not doing
correctly?

Thanks.

Bob Nemeth
ERL, LLC