Posted to droids-dev@incubator.apache.org by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/07 16:08:05 UTC

Droids / VFS

I recently started messing with VFS -- http://commons.apache.org/vfs/

So far it is excellent.  It lets me walk FTP / SFTP / and zip files
the same way we work with local files.

It seems like this would be a really good match with Droids.

ryan

Re: Droids / VFS

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 12:07 -0500, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Sounds very interesting and makes sense as a match.  Adding in mail
> crawlers and we will be in really good shape.
>

> On Mar 7, 2009, at 11:08 AM, Ryan McKinley wrote:
>
> > I recently started messing with VFS -- http://commons.apache.org/vfs/
> >
> > So far it is excellent.  It lets me walk FTP / SFTP / and zip files
> > the same way we work with local files.
> >
> > It seems like this would be a really good match with Droids.

Totally agree.

The protocol stage ATM makes only sense for http/file but with VFS we
are including 3 more, that sounds nice.

salu2

> > ryan

Open Source <consulting, training and solutions>

Re: Droids / VFS

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.