Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "CORUM, M E [AG/1000]" <m....@monsanto.com> on 2002/12/02 15:52:31 UTC

failureProperty of junit Task Not Working With Ant 1.5

The failureProperty gets set to "true" even though all the tests in the
batchtest
pass and the log file shows all tests having the line:

<testsuite errors="0" failures="0" name=" ...

In looking through the log file, the listing of properties doesn't show this
property being
set until after the second test has completed.  Again, all tests complete
with no errors
and no failures but since this property is set to true, my dependent tasks
with an "if"
cause a failure of the build.

Now, here is the weird part.  This was working fine up until a few days ago.
Of course,
the first thing I looked for was if I made any changes.  In going back thru
CVS, I found that
I didn't make any changes to this build file.  There is a change to another
build file that this
one calls AFTER this decision occurs.  That file defines a bunch of CVS tag
commands to
occur if the build was successful.  Just to be sure I updated that file back
in time to when
it was working and nothing changes.  I still get the property set even
though all tests get
no errors and no failures.

I noticed in the archive that there was a conversation about this very issue
with some good
tests showing the bug clearly against an earlier version.  The thread had
the title:

	JUnit tests fail -> build fail

At that point, a patch was offered.  Has the bug come back?  If so, is there
a patch?  If not,
what else besides JUnit failures and errors can cause this property to get
set?

Mike Corum
Monsanto
mecoru@monsanto.com